From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 1997 05:34:48 -0700
Bob C says:
>Each ferret is an individual when it comes to a particular hit rate; at
>least in my group, the males do worse than the females, and some ferts are
>consistent box users, while others sniff the box, then go beside it.

Anne R. replied:
>I have noticed that the hobs are the
>best of the bunch with the box- anal glands intact- maybe you are on to
>something there!

Isn't *that* funny, because the very very worst of all our ferrets with a
litter box is our whole hobs.  They prefer to do everything everywhere
_except_ in the box, so we don't even give thm boxes in their cages.  Jills
are lousy for doing what we call "territory pooping," a sort of rabbit
imitation where they sort of trail it along the floor.

All of our indoor neutered (and descented, coincidentally -- most were
rescues) fuzzies are about 80 - 90% with newspaper.  We don't put boxes out
because the dogs like to raid them (yuck -- try letting that kiss you when
you come home).  And the two best ones are both neutered, descented males,
who hop back into the cage to "go."

Funny little critters!

Sheena - [log in to unmask]  | "To Err is Ferret ... To Forgive|
VP - Greater Vancouver      | "... Well, That's Our Job"      |
     Ferret Association      (Wherret Web Pages Coming Soon!)
       We're on the Web! http://www.ferret.net/vancouver/