From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:06:31 -0400
bill & diane killian wrote:

>list know they're welcome as well but unfortunately we get busy and need
>more than a day or two notice - sorry Melissa <pout>

Hey, that's asking an awful lot of me - to notify someone in ADVANCE.
Sheesh.  You sound like you think I'm ORGANIZED or something.  :)

Anyway, that was my bad, and we're planning another DC trip sometime this
summer.  We wanted to go in August, as one of the members of our party isn't
scared of giant people-kidnapping mosquitos, but I could convince everyone
to come down sooner (June!).  Can't bring any ferrets with me, however.  But
we might take one back with us from DC.  :)

In other news, Friday's doing well, Noodle's enjoying Friday's feeding
times, Easel's enjoying being able to harrass me when both of my hands are
occupied, and I perpetually smell like a vanilla-flavored freshly mown lawn
(fresh wheat grass & Ensure in Friday's food, eh).

The Ensure and the oils in her food are clearly helping Friday's coat and
her previous perpetual itchiness - I strongly recommend that anyone who has
a ferret with a thin or 'weak' coat to make up some Duck Soup (3 jars
meat-based baby food- I prefer Earth's Best organic, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp
cod liver oil, 1/2 can (or whole) Ensure) and give it as a frequent treat.
This stuff freezes *very* well and takes 30-40 seconds to thaw in the
micronuker.  Friday has the best coat condition and weight of any summer
I've ever had her - she looks great.  She stil has slightly swollen lymph
glands and a touch of floppiness in her feet, but otherwise seems in good
spirits and health.

Alicia, the pao d'arco has worked very well - rec.  dosage of 3 drops mixed
in meat-based food every 12 hours.  I've been giving 2 morning, 3 aft, 2 eve.

Question for youse: I'm interested in starting a ferret nutrition
discussion, primarily because as I'm supplying Friday's total diet I want it
to be complete (yes, she has freely available dry food as well).  This
wouldn't be a 'mailing list' as such as a low-traffic discussion of
vitamins, minerals, natural & raw foods, and etc with regards to the dietary
requirements of ferrets.  Short of raising my own mice and feeding those to
the ferrets, I'd like to be able to mimic a natural diet as much as
possible.  It's not that Totally Ferret is inadequate, btw, it's that I'm
interested in a non-dry, non-preprocessed diet for ferrets.  :)

Please let me know in PRIVATE email (ie, do not reply to the list - I may
miss your reply).

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters