From:
Beth Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:15:01 -0800
Thank you to everyone for their responses with info on doxies &
ferrets! we brought home the little girl - she is a mini dachshund -
and once we saw how well she got along with the other dogs & cats we
introduced her to the ferrets & they were way more interested in her
than she was in them :) lots of sniffing - it looked like when we
introduce a new ferret, only the newbie was pretty blase about them &
more interested in playing with their tubes & checking out their
food :)

thanks again, you guys on the list are all super!!!

now can you figure out a magical way to get people to stop buying pet
rabbits & then dumping them on us 2 months later??? argh!!!! we are up
to 28 rabbits now- ten in the last 2 weeks! people drive me nuts!

you know what i would like to see- a 24 hour waiting period before any
pet store can sell a pet rabbit or ferret- they are such impulse buys -
maybe some would be prevented if they sent any prospective buyers home
with info & said they can come back in 24 hrs- the last rabbit that
came in was bought at a pet store by a girl who went in to get
fish!!!!! she saw the bunny & just had to have it- then realized she
cant keep it at her place and no one else would take it- argh!!!!!!!!!!

oh and if anyone has a magical way to raise about 8 grand let me know
too- thats what we'll need to build a new rabbit enclosure, and get the
new ones all spayed & neutered.... argh....

and there are the possible 4 more ferrets coming in next week- 3 of
which are bald according to the caller and have been so for a year- i
said get them to a vet asap or get them to me so i can get them in -
she said she had to think about it..grrrr...last time that happened the
person finally brought in the 2 sick babies and one died within days -
the other we got in time and she is doing fantastic- i wish they
wouldnt wait- just get them in here if theya rent going to take them
to a vet!!!!

ok enough whining- back to rejoicing in the successful introduction of
the doxie :) yippee!!!!!

thnx!!
beth
www.crittercamp.biz