From:
Thor Vidar Tangeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 17:12:02 +0200
I have just bought a ferret baby (6 weeks old male).

I have never owned a ferret before, and i have some questions.

He is wery playfull, a mater a fact, all he do is play, when he dont eat or
sleep.  He is usually wery gentle when he bites me.  But when he smells food
or some treat that i am holding he gets out of control and try to reach it,
and when he thinks he does he bites with all the jaw-power he got (often
missing the food, an biting my finger instead, and it HURTS!).  The guy in
the pet-store said it was from competing with the other ferrets over food.
Will he grow out of this, or is there something i must do?

What kind of biting should i punish him for, and how?  Would it be smart to
not allow him to bite my fingers at all (he is very gentle when he bites me
while playing).

He havent been kastrated yet, how old should he be before its time.

Thank you!