From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:14:04 -0600
I attach cage cups or locking bowls a few rungs under the water bottle so
they have a choice of water from the bottle or from the bowl.  This also
helps if the bottle leaks or gets clogged.  Even though my group isn't
caged they have plenty of open cages with hammocks, bedding, and food and
water in them.

This past weekend I put the hedgie cage on the floor and fixed it up for
the ferrets.  Spunky (hedgie) passed a couple months ago and even though
I'd cleaned the cage it had been sitting on a desk so the ferrets couldn't
get to it.  It's huge, 32x24x36, with 2 full levels.  I ordered it from
Martins when the hedgies were rescued and since the hedgies weren't very
weighty I didn't put as many of the clips on the bars as I should have.
With 5 ferrets walking around on the second level the sides were not quite
steady so I'll have to add more clips.  Don't want anyone to get a toe
caught between the wires.

Anyway, shortly after I set it up with the hammocks and bedding, there
were 5 ferrets napping in one hammock, 2 in another, 2 or 3 in the quilt
on the bottom, and 1 in the hanging cube. :-)  Silly critters.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity