From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:56:08 -0600
Yes, 10 - we got another rescue.

On Sunday, the local reptile store had a person bring in her year old
female ferret - she didn't want her any more.  She had acquired this
ferret and her brother from their original owner (why they got rid of them
I don't know) about 4 mos.  previously.  She said the female (no name) was
too rough and a bad biter for her kids they kept the boy, but didn't want
the girl anymore.  The store associate knows Norman and I - and gave me a
call.  She told me the sad story and said she needed a home - could we
take her in.  (This was just a couple of days after our van died - serious
transmission problems.) I ask about the vet history and was told there
was none known.  The store associate offered to take her to the vet for
a complete checkup and shots - so I said yes, we would give it a try.  -
Like Norman said before - the right number of ferrets is "one more".

We brought the beautiful girl home on Wednesday - gave her a bath (she
loved it - loves to swim) and did nails - not too bad of a struggle and
settled her in a cage in the ferret room.  After a few minutes it dawned
on everyone else that there was someone new in the room - I wish I had a
camera at the time.  They all lined up in a row in front the cage to
introduce themselves.  It was so cute.  That night when I was playing with
everyone, cleaning litter boxes, filling food and water bowls - the new
girl gave me a pathetic look, like can't I play too.  With Norman and I
in the room we let her out.  Everyone instantly took to her.  I even got
to wondering about Mittens (neutered male).  He kept walking up to her -
lying across her back - or along her side and hugging her with his front
paws and washed her ears or the side of her face.  Yes - he is really
neutered and she is a Marshalls farm and seems to be spayed - she
definitely is not in seasonn - I guess Mittens just thinks she is real
special.

She is fun to watch - I don't think she was ever played with much - she's
not real sure what to do.  We have seen a couple of small war dances and
heard a few dooks.  And, she is a mutterer - she goes around the room
chattering and mutterering to herself and everyone else about everything.
She has stayed with the group every since - curling up with them to sleep,
etc.  And -- she uses the litter boxes!!!  Yea!!!

Her color is real unusual to me - she has a very light - pale white
undercoat.  Her guard hairs are a mix of cinnamon, beige, and greyish
black in a sort of Siamese pattern.  Looking at her I think of a fog,
amist - hint of this and a whisper of that -

So --- her name is Whisper.

When life gets hectic and/or depressing - I just go down the hall and get
lots of ferret lovings.

Hope all of you have a great weekend!

Linda
and my son, Norman, & the 10 furry heart stealers:
Frisky, Sassy,  May, Rascal, Bandit, Saint Patrick, Mittens,
Curious George, Scamp, and Whisper from Lawrence, KS
with Baby and Handsome watching from the Rainbow Bridge