From:
Anjie Nuzzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:14:38 -0500
Hello all,
I don't know if any of you remember, but a little while ago someone wrote
to the list that there was a ferret in the animal control of Stamford, CT.
Well, tomorrow (Saturday) I am going to be going there to check him out
and possibly adopt him.  I just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. I don't have a cage set up, but I have a room with a completely
linoleum floor set up for him.  It has a litter box, food bowl and a water
bottle (attached to the wall).  I have some cat toys and some old baby
toys in the room that I thought to be safe enough.  (nothing that could be
ripped off etc.)  I also have a whole walk in closet full of old clothes
that he can sleep in.  Is this ok for until I do buy a cage (I'm looking
at a cage the same day I look at him.)  I don't plan on waiting too long,
of course.

2. What kinds of things should I watch out for when he first comes home?
How much time should I spend with him?  A lot so he gets used to me or
give him some time to adjust first?

3. Is cat litter safe to use?  It is non-clumping regular clay litter.
If this is not safe, what should I use?

4. Should I encourage him to play right away or not?  Will he want to
play or will he be too scared?

Thanks.  If I think of anything else, I'll ask.

Anjie