From:
The Nelsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 13:24:17 -0700
Sorry I am so far behind, but this kind of hit home.

I have spent many hours working with teens and their lives.  This post
doesn't seem to take into account that the teen was told by the parent to
do something, (being grounded, I believe) and followed through with the
punishment.  Now if he had done the opposite he would have been a
"rebellious" teen.  Sounds like the guy can't win!

No animal should have to die needlessly, but sometimes lessons are learned
at the expense of others.  Not always pleasant, but part of life.  What was
wrong with the parents that they didn't go back and pick up the parents.
Many times the kids are products of the parents.

I truly feel that you must endure the pain of this preventable loss
because it is the only way we humans learn from our mistakes.

I'm truly sorry but I had to say what I feel.  Forgive me.

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur