From:
Kelleen and the FANG Gang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 03:11:56 -0600
Hi All,

I KNOW part of this subject is closed but I have begged BIG to let this thru
anyhow for it is extremely important to me and perhaps to others.

I want to go back to the whole Dayna AC fund thing I jumped into before
thinking it out fully.  I apologise for it and am very sorry I ever got
involved now.  There are many reasons for my feeling this way.

I have read some of the stuff in recent FML's regarding people being aware
that some shelter people on the internet could very well be scams.  I agree
this sure could happen.  If anyone is interested, maybe not, three out of
state FML'ers came to my home to meet me and see the kids over the 4th of
July week.  If you have any doubts about me then I can have them write to
you if you wish.  I will ask them to post about their visits if they don't
mind too.  That is not my main point here tho.

What I want to say is that if anyone feels badly about the contribution they
sent then I want to make this guarantee.  Many of you decided after the
whole thing was taken care of by another that your donation should go to
FANG or be split between Dayna, FANG or others.  This took me by surprise as
I had never even considered I would end up with any monies for FANG thru
this.  If the white knight had not appeared it would have never even been a
consideration.  We did get quite a lot of people doing this and it allowed
us to go ahead with all the kids that needed medical care instead of just
the 2 brothers surgeries originally talked about here.  I digress, sorry, I
want to guarantee that if you are unhappy or bothered in any way over a
donation that all or part of ended up at FANG I will personally refund every
single dollar that came to FANG back to you and all you have to do is e-mail
me and ask.  We have copies of all the checks etc... that came to us and
even copies of the cash that was sent.  We can verify your donation and then
put a check in the mail immediately.  Due to circumstances I won't mention,
so as not to influence you, I do have the money on hand to refund it all if
need be.

I want no one to think we are anything but real and I do not want donations
unless the person is happy about what they are doing all along.  I can
promise that I will NOT ever get involved with something like this via the
internet ever again.  It is too hard to do long distance and when you have
never met the FML people and they don't know you from a hole in a log.  I
will still jump into helping those I know and a good cause I am sure exits
but no more on the internet where all is taken and done on faith.  Guess I
have become jaded over the years.  So please everyone if you want a refund
then send me an e-mail right away and it will be taken care of.  I really
mean this too.  I am not sitting here figuring that no one would ask for a
refund I fully expect people to ask.  I was completely surprised when no
FML'er asked for their money back the 1st time after it had all been taken
care of.  There will be no bad feelings or anything like that.  I just don't
want you to keep feeling as you do if you are unhappy or disturbed over what
happened.

       THANKS EVERYONE!       TNT!

*      Kelleen Andrews  &  Her FANG GANG!!!!          *
*  President and Founder of F.A.N.G. Shelter/Club     *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705           *
*      208-342-7292                                   *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *

[Moderator's note: I take this simply as a notice that Kelleen will be glad
to return any monies if you feel uncomfortable about your contribution and
posted it with that understanding.  I in no way wish to open up the scam
debate again.  BIG]