From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:42:11 EST
>My husband and I applied for renter's insurance with State Farm.  The
>application asked what pets were on the premise, so I put the ferrets --
>not thinking anything of it.  About a month later we received a letter
>stating that our insurance application was being denied and our premium
>refunded due to "increased liability due to undomesticated animals on the
>premises".

One of our halfway houses had a similar problem with Liberty Mutual a few
years back.  After some back and forth email and some technical references
were exchanged, Liberty Mutual said that they had notified their people
that homes with ferrets were to be treated the same as those with dogs and
cats.  You might want to contact them.  After they insure you, be sure to
contact State Farm and tell them that they have lost all of your future
business to Liberty Mutual because of their idiotic stand against ferrets.

Dick B.
4 Li'l Paws Ferret Shelter