From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:05:24 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret had been so busy she
couldn't find time for herself to think. Yes it had been another one of
those weeks. Today she was cleaning her cottage and wondering how it
could get so messy when they had been away. Sweep, Sweep!!!!!!! COUGH!
COUGH! Came a reply! Now who could that be> She looked up and saw--oh
who else, Dexter, de little boy courier, with a note in his paw. He
said,

"Gee Whiz SawaFewwet, you almost choked me with all of that dust. Where
has you been? I has been twying to get this note to you for ages. By
this time this poor fewwet has pwobably gone off and gotten lost and
it would be all of your fault. And it was a SPECIAL REQUEST for you
anyways. Is there anyone you wants me to get?"

I thought to myself, "Oh mercy Dexter. there was a note on my cottage
that there was training and where I was at. You could have found me."
But he was trying to be nice so I tossed the naughty thoughts aside and
read the note. I threw caution to the wind and sent Dexter to get the
requested fuzzies and I headed for the entrance. Oh my, if that poor
soul is still waiting there... Sure enough there he was, Patiently
waiting...I ran up to him and introduced myself.

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will have lotsa friends and run on green grass
forever. Did I mention de fun and games?"

The polite elderly fuzzy looked at me and said, "I have been waiting
here for a bit. But I am a Texas ferret and my Mommy Debby always told
us to be patient and not be pushy, so I just waited and figured you was
busy and would get round to me. My name is Peanut. I don't know if you
was told but I am one of those DMKs from that nasty place back east. My
Mommy rescued me. She plumped me up right quick but after a long long
time with her I got sick. Do you know my Mommy? I don't see all my
friends, but I reckon that I can be friends with you. You seem to be a
nice young lady ferret and mighty sweet, if a might on the thin side."

I replied, (catching myself dooking with a drawl-why do I pick up these
accents?) "I apologize for your wait. We have been a bit busy here.
Yes we have heard about the DMKs here. Such an unfortunate state of
affairs. You were so lucky to have been rescued. I don't know your
Mommy personally although I have greeted some of her fuzzies. Later
you will see your friends. You are getting a big surprise, a handsome
set of wings--just like mine, well they will be boy wings specially
designed for you. They are great for flying about the heavens--sure
beats hopping from cloud to cloud."

He looked at me as if he couldn't figure it all out but said, "Well ok
sounded good esp if the others had gotten some." So off we went down de
garden path to de Wing House where de wings were stored (and this is
usually where the others usually jump out--where were they?). We opened
de door and on de counter was a big box--of course. Peanut opened de
box and took out his wings--lavender with blue streaks. I helped him
put on his wings and adjusted his halo. Then he turned to me and said,
"Gee I wish Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

So we left there and went down the path to the Misting Pond. We sat
down beside de cool clear water and with one swish we saw the vision of
Mommy Debby appear. Peanut got so excited he started waving and dooking
with all of his might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for rescuing
me. I have handsome wings and soon I will be flying about the heavens."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to Texas and by de time you should read
dis it should have landed dere. And with another swish the vision was
gone.

We left there and went down another road to Canyon Lake Retreat, but
there was a note on the door saying "Gone to Lily Pond." (SHOCK AND
AWE--What had I entrusted Dexter to do?) So I told Peanut we were going
to have a little flying lesson and surprise his friends and advised him
only to fly low and not do anything fancy. And sure enough we came upon
a group of fuzzies frolicking in the water. And one of those fuzzies
was DEXTER!! He looked and me and then he nudged the others and pointed
at Peanut. Ozzy hopped out of the water and ran to greet us and hugged
us both. "Welcome to the Bridge" Peanut, He shouted. Which provided a
safe getaway for the others to get their wings and fly home.

Ozzy put his on his wings (so did Dexter but he went back to his
courier cottage) and we took a nice leisurely stroll back to Canyon
Lake Retreat. My had that place change in the short time!!!!!! A picnic
was laid out! Music was a-playing. Peanut was truly amazed. He asked,
"Do you think this was kind of a surprise for me, to throw me off?" I
replied, "Oh I am for sure it was, Peanut. It threw me off." There was
such a gathering of Texas fuzzies and all sorts of Southern fuzzies and
mercy even a few Easterners were thrown in for good measure and of
course some DMKs came from visiting groups just to see another one who
had arrived. There was so much food, as those Texas fuzzies always know
how to throw a party. I was invited to stay, but I was beginning to get
a bit of a headache, and I had a courier to visit with. So I told these
wild Texas ferrets goodbye. At last this beloved DMK fuzzy had found
his new forever home.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter