From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 09:49:54 -0700
Someone ask about getting into California and wanting the locations of the
'Border Patrol'.

<Smiley's On>
Since I am sure that all members of the FML are the most honorable, law
abiding citizens and would never do anything against the wishes of the Calif
powers that be; visitors may make a point of arriving in our great state by
major freeways.  I live in southern Calif and am familiar with great
Agriculture Inspection stations at Needles (I-40) and Barstow (I-15).  I
know that I-8 and I-10 also have great stations.  Because a great deal of
Californians leave the state on the weekends, the best time to talk to the
inspectors at the stations is during the week when they have more time to
chat.  I always try to act a little suspicious when I talk to them because
sometimes they become curious enough for me to show them all the neat things
I have in my trunk.  Sometimes the sight of an icebox on the back seat is
enough to increase the time I get to chat with them.  They may ask to see
what I am carrying in it.  Unfortunately, they usually just ask if I have
any fruits or vegetables with me, especially on the weekend when there is a
lot of traffic on the road.

I would never put a fuzzy in a small traveling cage or small box on the
floor in the back seat of the car under a towel.  The fuzzy may go to sleep
and not be able to be cute with the officer.  Also, be sure to keep a cage,
water bottle, and food in clear sight so you can chat about them to the
officer.
<Smiley's Off>

Agriculture Inspectors ask if you have fruits or vegetables.  Do not leave
any pets in hot cars, it has been HOT here the last month.  Do not draw
attention to yourself.

I know great vets in San Diego.  Ask again if you need them.
Be careful.
Enjoy!

ace