From:
"Shelley R. Abare" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:22:13 -0600
I was in a small pet store in our area Monday, and I saw the cutest, most
adorable creature I have ever seen before.  (excepting ferrets of course,
but it comes close).  It's a small monkey with a really long tail.  I
think they called it a sugar glider?  Not positive, but definetly some
sort of monkey.  I fell in love immediately and think I would like to
have one.  But I know absolutely nothing about them and don't want to go
into it blind.  Does anyone out there know anything about them?  Do they
get along with ferrets?  What do they eat?  The one at the pet store was
a "store pet", but the lady said they run about $2000. each.  I am in
love, but trying to use my head.  I wonder if there is a rescue in the
area that I could go help at for a few weeks.  I'm not jumping into this,
but they are just too cute!  (took me over a year of research and saving
up a ferret fund before I committed to getting a ferret.  I'm not about
to just go get one because they're cute.)

Thanks in advance.

Shelley

Ps; If they're a danger to the ferrets, then I will not even think about
getting one.

[Moderator's note: Sugar gliders are types of opossums, I believe.  They
are mentioned in the FML archives several times and there is some concern
that ferrets would harm them.  Oh, and $2000 is probably about 10 times a
reasonable price ;-)  BIG]