From:
Mary H Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:36:04 -0500
I know this is a little off-topic, but I need some prayers for a little
kitty we found yesterday.  She's about 8-12 months old, cute as can be;
but she has a broken left front leg.  We took her to the vet and had her
examined.  The leg is broken in two places and it's infected.  The vet
said there was some bone loss (meaning the break was older than a couple
of days) and it appeared she might have developed osteomyelitis in the
bone (an infection).  The broken bone has also pierced her skin and set
up an infection in the surrounding tissue as well.  Therefore, nothing
can be done at this time to repair the leg until the infections are
cleared up with the Baytril.  Then the leg can be plated.....or if (God
forbid) the infection doesn't clear up, then amputation.  She gets around
pretty good on just three legs right now.....doesn't seem to be in too
much pain.  But I would like to request prayers for her speedy
recovery.... she's already made friends with our wee weasel Wheezy.

Thanks.

Mary