From:
John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:46:13 -0400
Hello, all!...Does anyone have any stories about the brushing of the
coats on our fuzzbutts?...Of the 5 that I currently have, one acts like
I`m about to do surgery w/o an anesthesia!!  As soon as those bristles
'touch' his back, ...he`s gone!!!  Whoosh!!!...He could be scruffed,
tied to a post, glued to the floor,......anything, it doesn`t matter, he
wants no part of it!!  The only thing I can think of is that when those
"prickly" little hairs or fine wires touch his skin, he thinks "I`m about
to be pierced by tiny teeth"!....maybe from past memories,...but I`ve
had him since a kit, a gift given to me & purchased from Petco, so he
was young, so possible 'memories' from a "bad" ferret person, or time
in a shelter, doesn`t seem to fit.  He`s 7 now, and still NO BRUSHING
ALLOWED!!....his words, not mine!  He always looks like a "finely brushed
dude", not ruffled or tangles!  PLUS, thank God, He`s not a Marshall`s
product.  That`s a good thing no matter what the issue!  All the rest of
them 'allow' it, but they don`t freak like "Tyler" does.  Anyone else
have "Brush-time" problems??

Dooks to all....John Rich & the n.j. gang, USA!

p.s., how`s that for a Monday post, "A"?....LOL!

dooks!..& Tnx!
john rich <[log in to unmask]>