From:
Kim Latas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 09:10:26 -0600
Greetings and "happy holidays" to all of you!

I'm from Northwest Iowa and last week my husband 'rescued' a mistreated
ferret from someone's garage.  The critter had simply been underfed (cat
food, I think) and not cleaned or played with; but evidently no one had
tortured her, for she trusts us utterly and hasn't bitten YET!

She appears healthy and is the sweetest little thing!  She will visit our
Vet for shots, and a wellness check this afternoon.  Hopefully the Vet will
be able to estimate her age, with being so underweight she's hard to guess!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you ALL know that this being my first ferret, I
was totally uneducated until I stumbled onto this link on the Net.  I can't
say enough about how the way each of you writes has impressed me!  We try to
read this every day, Hubby and I laugh over some of the stories, and
privately weep over the eulogies for the dead as well.

EACH of you have helped to 'train' me... to learn the correct methods to
handle our little bundle of love, and how to 'ferretproof' as best we can.
Thanks for being there!!!

Kim Latas
Wendell Hansen
and "the unnamed baby"