From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:00:15 -0400
Took Meeteetse in tonight on an emergency visit expecting a mercy shot.
Her pain had gotten past a point where it could be controlled with her meds
and pain meds.  There is a new exotics vet now at our hospital (Basking
Ridge Vet.  Hosp., N.J.), someone who is a ferret and skunk person,
himself, Dr. Abe, and who even was a BFF vet at the Omaha Zoo.  Our old
lady really likes him.  He wants to try pegging her pred and adding some
Clavamox to see if that is a reasonable way to help this little 8 year old
MF girl who has multiple health problems including advanced lympho.  It
might not, and even if it does it won't likely be for long, of course.
Right now she is certainly more comfy.  Her nodes were just way to large
for comfort and there's also her spinal growth which is also likely to be
lympho.  It's only a matter of time, of course, but if she can be kept
happy then whatever more time she has is a gift to us all.  Everyone keeps
trying for her, even though we will lose her in the end.

Normally I don't cry much till later but I was crying a lot right at first;
Steve cried later from relief.

Whatever number of days she has we'll work at making happy ones.  Just glad
that she might have a few more with joy.