From:
"Reed, Melinda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:15:42 -0400
Should you do anything if a ferret does not put on his winter weight?  I
acquired Cocoa in February of 97.  He was around six months old at the time.
In May 97 he took a full blown coat change.  He was fat and fluffy.  His
coat was actually long like an angora.  His lost this during the summer and
was actually kinda slim like Whiskers (who is almost two years old and does
his winter weight, spring weight gain thing correctly).

Cocoa has not put his winter weight on?  Whiskers and Tigger have.  Is this
a problem, or will he do this?  Does he have his seasons mixed up?  Is there
some way I can make him change his seasons?  I would appreciate any advice.

Also, I just have to add something about my wonderful spoiled rotten
Whiskers.  For two mornings now when I have gathered my four up to go to
work, Whiskers has not been where I can find him.  I walk down the steps,
put the other three up and have yelled, "Come on Whiskers, I've got to go to
work".  You can hear him coming by the little pouncing of feet.  He gets
there and looks at me to say "I'm here MewMaw".  He is my sweet baby.  I
know ferrets know their name.

Mindy  :-)

Whiskers (I am the sweetheart of them all)
Tiny (Miss Prissy Lady)
Cocoa (I need my winter weight!!!)
Tigger (I am one big tough boy, but I am sweet)