From:
"Michelle A. Tonkinson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 20:44:52 -0500
Hi Everyone (Again)

First off: BIG was that you on the Ferret Chat Saturday night?  I was not
sure so I diden't want to say anything at the chat.
[Moderator's note: Yes, I attend the chats on AOL sometimes, usually as
BGruber.  BIG]

After some thought I decided to get a second opinion on Mitzi's insulinoma.
We have an appt. with Dr. Kupersmith in Cherry Hill for next Friday.  What
made me decide was this:

After reading about Mary Van Dahm's Insulinoma Elixir I decided to try it.
I was having a hard time finding the products so I called her.  A very nice
woman by the way, she was a big help.  Anyway we got into talking and I said
our vet had given Mitzi 5 months or so to live, and she had said that she
had heard of ferrets living a couple years on medication alone.  Mitzi was
diagnosed with insulinoma in May.  She asked how bad she was and I said what
our vet said to me.  He said he had felt two sizable tumors on both sides of
the pancreas, she had said that insulinoma tumors are hard to feel.  So it
got me thinking, she has not changed in the past 6 months since we had her,
she is still the same, execpt she is a little overweight.  She has never had
a seizure.  She eats twice a day with Duck Soup, with Brewer's Yeast added.
The only thing odd so far is that she has not gotten her winter coat in yet,
the other 3 have.  If anyone out there has a ferret with insulinoma or had
one, could please tell me about your ferrets experiance with this
disease(symptoms, what your treatment course was ect) I did some research
before, but I would like to do a little more.

I know this might be difficult for some of you, but I would really
appreciate any info you could give me.  If possible could you please
e-mail me.

Anyone going to the NY show? We will be there (I am not looking forward to
the long ride!)

It would be nice to meet some people from the FML, match some faces with the
names & meet your fuzzy's that you write about!

Michelle,Mitzi,Tara,Dutch&Hexy

[Moderator's note: *Lots* of FMLers will be there, and a considerable
number will even be at the conference.  Looking forward to meeting some
of you, not that we're likely to recognize each other unless our faces
look like our email addresses or something.  BIG]