"Scarlett A. Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 18:10:06 EDT
It's Ferret Buckeye Bash time again!
Ohio's Premier Championship Ferret Show!

WHERE?   300 W. Broad St. Veteran's Memorial Hall
                    Columbus, Ohio
WHEN:          Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005
Presented by Heart of Ohio Ferret Association & Rescue

Title Sponsor:  The FerretStore.com

This is a 3 Ring Championship, Companion Ring and All Specialty Show
sanctioned by the American Ferret Association.

This year we are working to make the Ferret Buckeye Bash even bigger and
better!  If you have never been to a ferret show before - this is the one
to come to!  Remember, all proceeds from this event benefit the homeless
ferrets at Heart of Ohio Ferret Assocation & Rescue.  We are a 501(c)(3)
shelter and this is our main fundraiser.  We are very fortunate to have
this successful event as it keeps us from having to beg for funds to
cover our medical expenses and daily upkeep.

Our Photo Contest was a huge success last year.  Last year's winner will
be on the cover of our show catalog.  So, enter your ferret in our PHOTO
Contest for a chance for your ferret to be on the cover in 2007!.  All
photos must be done by an amateur -- no professional photos please.
Voting will be done at the Ferret Buckeye Bash.  Your vote for the winner
and each vote will cost a minimal fee and proceeds will be donated to a
needy shelter.  There is more information on the contest posted on our
website -- www.hofa-rescue.org.

This year we have a fantastic local artist, Kelly Zalenski.  Kelly does
portraits in India ink with a twig that are very unique.  She can do
them of your ferret at the show or from a photo.  Prices will run from
$20 - $50 depending on size and # of ferrets in the portrait.  A sample
of her work can be seen on our website off the Ferret Buckeye Bash page.

This year we will award a trophy to the Best of Show and Best Opposite
in each class.  And as usual, we promise our trophies will be unique.
Again, entries this year can be paid via PayPal.  But you still will
need to send a copy of your entries in to our show registrar and event
coordinator.  But at least payment can be made by checking account, check
card or credit card via PayPal.

The infamous Bob Church will be with us again to help you learn how to
"enrich" your ferret's life, how your ferrets dental health effects
him/her and more.  We also have Dr. Valerie Staton, Ph.d speaking on
Animal Behavior and Kim Schilling of Ferrets for Dummies.  There will be
at least one photographer available.  We have several fun events for you
and your ferret(s) to participate in and as usual, vendors galore.

AND don't forget our AWESOME raffle!  And remember, it's your generous
donations that make this such an awesome raffle.  So, if you have
something to donate to the raffle, please contact Shaun Brennan at
[log in to unmask] or call (614) 470-1042.  We appreciate your donations
and remember, if you wish an ad in our show catalog in exchange for
your donation, please make sure you make a note of that and get your
artwork in to the P.O. Box or to me by the deadline.

We are happy to announce that FerretStore.com is again our title sponsor.
But, we are still looking for sponsors for some of our championship and
specialty rings.  So please think about sponsoring.  Especially if you
wish that specialty ring to be available for you entering your ferret
in it.

Show registration paperwork can be download in PDF format from our
website: www.HOFA-RESCUE.org or if you are unable to download that way I
can attempt to send it to you in Word format or snail-mail it to you.

Scarlett Gray-Saling, Show Coordinator
Ferret Buckeye Bash
Heart of Ohio Ferret Association and Rescue
A 501(c)(3) Shelter
[log in to unmask] or
(614) 885-6538