From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 11:10:33 EDT
I've always heard that some cities have listed ferrets as illegal.  It's
been discussed here a few times in the past.  I remember hearing that
some places don't really enforce the laws, others do.  I thought that
perhaps I could only count these cities/counties on one hand.  But now
I'm seeing that's not true and there are more?

So I'm wondering, if there is a resource out there that lists illegal
places that is up to date.  I have a friend that found a site that lists
them but it's like ten years old if I recall.  Who do you call for your
area without risking anything?  Where do you start since so many times
the gov themselves don't even know about ferret illegality?

Also, gosh, what is the difference between a law and an ordinance and all
of that?  I've always wondered.  I mean can you get arrested, etc, for
breaking an ordinance or get your ferrets taken away?  Or are you fined
or what?  I know nothing about law in case you haven't noticed let alone
the legality of ferrets.

Wolfy