From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 01:36:32 -0600
Hi Everyone,

Today was a very lazy day for me, couldn't get going on studying Rnsn.
lit.  I actually like it.  They wrote some very dirty prose and poetry
back then and it always makes me chuckle.  But I went to the psychic fair
instead, to check out the jewelry guy.  He always has some very nice
pieces.  So, I ended up with some Tarot decks and they were put into a sack
to carry, and that sack was white cellulose.  Yes it is important. ;-)

I was lazing in bed later and playing with my decks, the sack laying to the
side.  Mr. Ollie Boy managed to climb onto the bed (hard for him, I have a
very nice cherry sleigh bed with slatted headboard and footboard and it
sits high).  To remind everyone, Ollie is my first ferret, around 5 and has
genetically caused cataracts.  His has been growing since around the age
two and right now, his right eye is completely white, and his other is over
half.  And I mean white white.  He can't see too well but gets around
pretty well with smell and sound.  Now back to my story.

He got up on the bed and of course started helping me shuffle the decks.
THEN he discovered the cellulose sack.  It is much crinklier than a plastic
bag, lots and lots of noise.  Which is very exciting to Ollie, noise is
very important to him now.  He attacked the bag, pouncing on it, dragging
it and (with some small help from Ma) gets into the bag to be sneaky.  We
wrestle, playing a game I call "spidies" where my fingers dance across the
outside of the bag.

After several minutes of this and Ollie still wanting more so I invented a
variation on "spidies" This one I get Ollie into the bag, lift bag slightly
in air and dance my fingers across the bottom of the bag.  Ollie Boy just
love this.  He would curl up and dance around in the bag to get the evil
"spidies" being a most fierce ferret.  We played this for almost half an
hour, that is, until the bottom of the bag was no longer capable of holding
Ollie in the air.  hehe.

He war danced to high on the bed and had a wonderful time.  He doesn't play
quite as much anymore, since he has trouble seeing the ferts.  But cutie
pie Philly Cheese Steak seems to understand this and will play with Ollie.

Now you have to understand that Philly has two speeds fullblast and asleep.
But when he plays with Ollie, his dance is muted, little bitty jumps, and
he stay RIGHT IN FRONT of Ollie's nose, only a couple inches away so Ollie
can keep him in sight.  It is so wonderful and transforming to watch.
Philly is a very young boy, lots of energy but he plays very special with
Ollie.

Another good thing today Beau has been sleeping on the guest bed rather
than under it.  I have caught him jumping off as I come in, but today he
stayed on the bed for a few seconds and looked at me.  This is good
progress.  I wished I could see him up close.  His fangs hang down to the
bottom of his chin.  Seriously.

Yes, it is a lot of hard work.  But you know, I love each and every one of
my babes.  They are all very special to me in different ways.  I don't give
my love easily, even to animals, there always must be a connection and once
that is made, I take my love and commitment very seriously.  But what I get
back is so wondrous.

Margaret Marie and her Mob of Mid Mo Mustelides, Felonious Felines and The
Bald Squeeky Toy