From:
Michele Zelando DSMD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 17:34:55 -0500
Just wanted to add my 2 cents....

Ticks -

I have used clear nail polish to remove ticks from my dog.  Since the ticks
breathe thru their blood filled bodies, becuase their head is buried,
sucking blood...you need to cover their entire blood filled body with clear
nail polish.  Then the tick backs his head out to breathe, falls off, and
rolls away.  Then I flush it down the toilet.  But...I have found that only
clear nail polish works...why...I do not know!

Open eyes -

I have had two ferrets, and both have slept with their eyes wide open, half
open, and 3/4 of the way open.  It is kind of creepy, so I have tried
shutting their eyes when that happens!