Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:36:04 -0500
I had always thought I was careful, and always felt so bad when I would
read about accidents that ferrets had.  I am now one of the devastated
ones, in our ferret room, we boarded up an area that we didn't want ferrets
in, and hinged one side (the bottom) so that we could if necessary get in,
one of our ferrets, sweet two year old Phoebe managed to claw it apart
enough to get her head stuck, and died a miserable and unnecessary death,
never again am I using a hinge in a ferret room, I don't know if this will
help anyone, but the only way to live with our selves right now is to hope
some one will learn from this.  I feel so guilty and sad and horrible and
helpless, it is not something I would have ever thought of, I have only
lost two ferrets in ten years, both were older, one of lymphosarcoma, one
in her sleep, I just can't do this........Phoebe was such a people ferret,
always a love, sat in your lap while you were on the computer, she was just
starting to get along with the others too.  Poor baby died for no reason.

Susan in TX