From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 22:21:13 -0800
Hi gang,

Emily and Sugar insist that I ask folks if they are interested in getting
my/their new SHELTER NEWSLETTER, of which they are co-editors.  This
newsletter will be quite unique, as it will be written by the *ferrets*
themselves.  I'll be lucky if they let me throw in a single paragraph from
the way it sounds.  Our first issue is almost complete.  The newsletters
will contain "shelter news", listings of ferrets needing sponsors, ferret
updates on surgery candidates and sick kids here, new rescues I am involved
in, plus important ferret information on topics like nutrition,
vaccinations, diseases and the like (and I am sure the kids will throw in
other things important to them).

In the beginning, it will be available in email format for all who wish to
subscribe.  Those without email access, well, I am still working on that.
Mailing is so costly and time-consuming, I just haven't figured that one out
yet.  It is a full-time job here just doing "ferret stuff".  I have
discussed this with Jake, who is the ferret here in charge of all the
shipping of orders, and he feels that mailing a newsletter is too menial a
task for him, after all he is "in charge of a whole department".  If he had
an employee to do it, he would agree to "oversee" it, but no one wants to
take on the job yet.  And I can just see it now, after the first dozen or so
newletters that they had to fold, staple, address, etc., they'd poop out
anyway....<sigh>...kids!

These girls are driving me nuts here, so let me know what you guys think of
my/their idea.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter