From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 17:40:08 -0700
Hi gang,

Little Miss Freya is quite a stubborn child I found out today.  What makes
it even worse, is she can turn around inside her skin, even when tightly
scruffed.

In case you are confused <like me>, Freya is the one that is 4 years old, a
retired breeder, with probable Lymphosarcoma.  She has not felt great the
last couple of days and I wanted to start her on vitamins anyway so I
attempted to begin that today, along with some Duck Soup.

The first thing she does is flip around and knock the container of DS off
into the floor.  Jake was pretty happy about that though, he was only 2 feet
away and *loves* DS.  Good thing he wasn't closer, he'd have been wearing
it.  Secondly, she manages to avoid 60 percent of the vitamins 'hidden'
inside some Ferretone.  I really think it was the Ferretone that she hated
most, probably has never had that before :< Thirdly, she spits the soup back
at me.  Oh, almost forgot, she peed on my too, for an extra point.

I put her up and re-grouped.  Reloaded the syringes with Ferretone/vitamins
and Duck Soup and we went another round.  I still only got about 50 percent
of the vitamins down her, but she accepted the DS finally.

Can't wait for the next match, later this evening.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter