Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:14:50 -0400
Hi all of my fellow ferret lovers,

I have not posted since that gosh awful day,when my beloved friend Bandit
passed away from severe insulinoma that could not be regulated with
prednisone AND proglycem this past February.  When he had his first
convulsion along with a seizure I ran to my vet Dr. Kupersmith here in New
Jersey and he took tons of tests and did exploratory surgery and found
nothing wrong with him..This was in October 1999.When my beloved Bandit
had yet more seizures that lasted over 6 hours I posted on this digest and
asked if there was anyone who could help me find a new vet.  I am pleased
to say that someone not only helped me find a new vet he called me and took
Bandit to his vet and would not take one red cent for all of the tests his
vet did for Bandit.That was when we found out Bandit had insulinoma.  My
old vet did take a glucose test and the results were in the 60's yet when
I asked my old vet to take it again he flatly refused and told me that
glucose in the 60's is normal.  I know I should have called my old vet back
because the bill was not paid in full and was still outstanding..Now after
all of these sad and lonely months of my still missing my beloved Bandit
the old vet's office called me and told me if they don't hear from me by
Friday they will sue me .  It never ever was my intention not to pay the
bill once my grief was over yet I began to wonder why should he get any
money since he told me my beloved Bandit was fine and that he did NOT have
insulinoma when my new vet tested Bandit and called to tell me he had a
very bad glucose reading and had to be given meds ASAP.  which thanks to
the person who originally picked Bandit up and took him to his vet Bandit
was able to receive his meds and seemed to be doing 100% better from the
medical care of the new vet then my former one.  I am sick over this whole
incident and now need to find a miracle to pay the outstanding vet bill
of $300.  The original amount was over $700..We paid half due to the
exploratory surgery and when Bandit grew rapidly worse in a few days we
really did not think of this bill but Bandits health and how we could get
Bandit to another vet to help him.  During this time Bandit had numerous
seizures along with convulsions and we had to stand there and watch him go
thru them and do nothing since our old vet told us there was nothing wrong
with him..while we waited and watched Bandit go thru this I posted here and
got the help he needed.  Having a very ill ferret one does not have time to
think of everyday life such as bills..  but of how can I make my ferret get
the medical care he needs??  where do I go etc..  now I need to find out
if I really will be sued for the old vet misdiagnosis and would love to
speak to my old vet and not the receptionist about why I am disputing his
bill..If the person who originally helped Bandit go to his vet can get in
touch with me I would gratefully appreciate it since he knows the vet I
used and knows if his office is bluffing or is serious about suing me.  I
must say when Bandit was originally there at that office I never signed any
form saying if I didn't pay I would be sued etc..the whole point why I do
not want to pay is not because I am cheap but I will always feel in my
heart this old vet does NOT know anything about ferrets yet lied to us and
misdiagnosed Bandit and made us suffer mentally while we watched Bandit
convulse and suffer...

I am sorry this post is so long but we are very very upset over this
whole ordeal and if I had the old vet here I would tell him thanks for
nothing and that he made our beloved ferret suffer needlessly from his
misdiagnosis.

Thank you all for any of your help as always I know I can count on all of
you for your wonderful love and support.  I will never ever forget all of
you who helped me thru my grief and Bandit's illness..

Michele and Fatbert and Ratbert still missing their brother Bandit :(