From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:58:18 -0500
I want to publicly thank all of you who ve mailed me concerning my post
about Nibbles.  All your kind words and stories made this so much easier
to bear.  I know that Nibbles is at the bridge, and is healthy and whole
again.  Thank you, Sandee, for watching out for her.

I had so many people at work today asking about her, because they all knew
her from the times she was with me, and then from last Thursday and Friday.
Our graduate secretary, when she learned that I was having her cremated and
was going to buy an urn gave me a beautiful urn/coffee pot.  She had this
sort of Turkish coffee pot, about < size in her office, and she gave it to
me for Nibs.  I just broke down again when she did that.

The Crew knows how tough this has been, and they ve all been extra silly
and cuddly.  Even Socks, the Grand old man came up to me Sunday, put his
paws on me.  He was standing there watching me, and I picked him up.  He
let me cuddle him for several minutes, and he turned and nuzzled my cheek.
Yesterday I went upstairs and instantly was wearing ferrets.  I had four or
five of them crawling up my sweatpants and shirts to make sure I cuddled
them.  Then Bailey did something that literally had me on the floor in
stitches.

I don t know how many of you remember Tom Cruise s famous scene from Risky
Business where he came flying out of a room in his BVD s singing Old Time
Rock and Roll .  Well, here s Bailey the Bop, little bitty girl (also
nicknamed the tough nut)-I heard something, looked over and she comes
sliding out of the bedroom on a piece of paper.  I swear she looked like
she was ready to stand on her hind legs and break into that song-I really
was looking for a microphone in her paws.  She looked over, saw me, and the
expression on that little face was priceless-it was like Oh, Crap!  She saw
me Then she was gone again in a flash.

It is so amazing their ability to discern your moods and sorrows.  They are
such joys.

Again, thank you all to my unseen friends here on the FML.  I m proud to be
a member of such a group of wonderful people.

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste
good with ketchup