From:
Vickie LoMonaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 10:23:06 -0500
Thanks for all the great advice for Moogie's diet.  The trick that seems
to be working is to powder some dog food and put it in with the ferret &
eukanuba kitten foods in a baggie for a while, then offer it.  He seems to
be trying it.  Also, I'm only putting out the dog's food now during the day
when I'm at work and Moogie is caged, so that severely limits his
opportunities to nab any (although I have caught him trying to squeeze into
the dog food bag).  My new question concerns sneezing.  I've only had him
two weeks, he's my first ferret, and I'm kind of tapped out on fundage after
adopting him from the Humane Society and buying for my daughter's birthday.
So I'm hoping someone can e-mail me and tell me if it's anything to worry
about that he's been sneezing a lot since last night.  I'm sure this has
probably been covered before in this forum, but I can only access this at
work for now and I don't have the chance to pour over old issues today.  He
must have sneezed a dozen time last night in bed with me, and then again
quite a few times off the bed.  This morning he's sneezed maybe three times
before I went to work.  He seems to feel fine otherwise and be playful.  I
tried holding him to me to hear him breathe (to see if he sounds 'wheezy'
like my daughter does with a cold), but I can't be sure, he's too squirmy.
I thought he might possibly have sounded a little 'moist', but I don't know
what ordinary ferret breathing is supposed to sound like, and he seems so
playful.  I can't really afford a vet bill right now unless I'm sure he's
really sick.  Any thoughts on it?