From:
"Reed, Melinda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:27:33 -0400
I too have a ferret that sometimes is terrified.  He is ALWAYS a little
frightened.  I have tried everything and he does seem to be a little more
calmer and trusting of me.  He was bought at a pet store because no one
wanted he or his cage mate.  When I brought them home he was the one who ran
everywhere and bounced and bounced everywhere, hence, his name is Tigger.

I love the guy to death and he is my biggest boy, weighing in around 4
pounds now, but, he is a big fraidy cat.  He will let me pick him up and
hold him a little and love him, and of course, especially when first
awakening, but, the slightest loud movement or disturbance scares him to
death.  He knows how to get around fine and he is such a good boy he always
goes down the steps when I have to go to work so he can be put away.  He
will lurk behind the others but will come to me knowing he is getting back
in the cage.

Maybe he can't see as well as the others and that is why he is like this.  I
have just loved and loved him.  He plays well with the other ferrets and he
is my big panter.  He will pant so loud that you can hear him in another
room he is having so much fun.

If he is hard of seeing, is there anything special other than not
frightening him too bad that I can do.  So far I have done real well with
him.  I think love is the strongest tool one can use and that is what I have
done.  I love all of them and show them all the time so maybe in this way he
is feels this and is more secure.

Mindy and . . .

Whiskers, Tiny, Cocoa and Tigger