From:
Ophelia Hardin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 21:39:57 -0700
Just a heads-up regarding the common silicone caulk everyone uses.

Ammu (SWMBO) and I went for a walk today and she came across some
drippings our apartment superintendent had left behind when sealing a
bathtub or window, or something.

She was after that like white on rice!

I literally had to pry her jaws apart to remove the pieces. What's
worse is that the "drips" the super left behind were just the right
size for her to swallow and choke on, or swallow and get stuck
somewhere in her alimentary canal.

She's not the first ferret I've know with a fetish for rubber or
plastic, but this was a first for silicone caulk. Next time I use the
stuff, I'm sealing the remainder in a plastic bag -- so at least I'll
catch her dragging it across the floor before she chews into it!