Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:36:22 -0800
I say as far as prices go, it all just depends on where you live and
what strength you are using. I use 15mg/5ml, which for some reason is
the same price as 5/5 at my CVS. So, more meds...same cost...less to
give the ferret, it's win/win.

If you have a Costco near you, check their prices. I can get 16 ounces
for around $40. If you have friends who need pred, this is the best way
to go.

If you don't have any way to get rid of the excess, or no Costco -
check prices at CVS and local pharmacies. Then call some compounding
places, or email them. The cost of compounded 15/5 pred for me, with
chicken flavor and shipping, is only slightly higher ounce for ounce,
for me and my local prices when buying 3-4 ounces. That means the
picky eaters will eat it more readily in their baby food.

For *me*, buying Pediapred from the local pharmacy costs me double what
prednisilone costs, compounded or not, so I stay with that.