From:
"Reet ..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:56:12 PST
When I first got Ramirez, I noticed that when he got overexcited, worn-out,
stressed or surprised, he would 'pant' quite a few times, often falling
over as well.  It didn't seem to bother him too much in any way, he would
keep running and playing after, and he always ate fine.

Everythings still the same, however he's not started having really violent
sneezing attacks as well, that will last for a few minutes.  They are
definatly not the same little sneezy attacks ferrets have when they've
stuffed their nose in a dusty corner.

I took him to the vet, who says his lungs are clear, but there is a slight
problem in his upper throat.  He's been given some injections and left at
that..  However, it's not making much difference, as far as I can tell.  It
is not a ferret experienced vet, I think I'm the only person who brings
ferrets in.

The attacks are fairly rare, maybe once or twice every day or two.

Has anyone got any idea what could be causing this?

- Reet