From:
Pete & Jody Fernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:30:32 -0800
I've been lurking -- but here's my two cents (one for each fuzzy).  I moved
to tampa from Columbus Ohio five years ago.  Before the move there were two
incidents of ferrets severely biting infants.  These were documented and
the photos sad and appalling.  Not to stand up for old Jungle Jack, but
precedence was set in Ohio.  As a parent and pet owner, it is up to the
adults in the household to ensure the safety of both the children and the
pets.The ferrets cannot be blamed, the infants cannot be blamed; the adults
must be blamed.

As a resident of Odessa, Fl ( I refuse to be a Tampon, the closest big
city), I was interested in the post that referred to a shelter in Sarasota.
Can anyone fill me in?  I can't find a shelter in Tampa/St.Pete.  I'm more
than willing to volunteer time and home to shelter/foster ferrets.

Last note- pleae don't flame poor Roger's wife.  Toddlers can be a handful
without fuzzies around to add to the madness.  You're not there, you don't
know, be patient with her.  Time will tell.  Advising him to dump her will
is not in the best interest of her, Roger, the kid, or the fuzzies!  Let's
be supportive!

Peace-
Jody Fernandez

Any act of kindness, no matter how small, is never wasted. - Aesop