From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 02:17:48 -0400
Hello Californians,

Jan Goldsmith is asking that all ferret folks interested in HR 37 attend the
hearing in the State Capitol set for May 14th at 9:00 A.M. (in Room 440 I
believe-- please see the Weasel Web for the correct room number, or look for
an update from me, or call me or e-mail me for the correct room number).
[Moderator's note: The room number is 444 per further communication with
Jeanne.  BIG]

Please take the day off, call in sick, whatever you have to do to show your
support for this Resolution, and for the legislator that has been so solidly
behind the ferret issue since day one-- Jan Golsmith.

Help show Jan, his collegues, and the media, how many folks care about the
legalization of ferrets.  Jan's office also mentioned that we should bring
signs so be creative with your slogans, i.e.,
"F E R R E T S = F R E E D O M," or,
"In California, he's a Convict, everywhere else, he's a pet."
Whatever, this is obviously not my forte, but you can have some fun with it.

But please remember, if anyone deserves your barbs, it's DFG, not the
Legislature.  We're asking for their help, so don't attack them, attack the
law itself, and the agency that's behind it.

Jeanne Carley
Legislative Director