From:
Chris Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:47:00 +0100
>Here in town we have raccoons, opossums, deer, foxes, and others.
>Coyotes have been sighted in other areas.  The local wildlife would
>bother and, possibly eat outdoor ferrets ...

It is not really surprising there are no feral ferret colonies in the US
and so many here in the UK.  We only have the fox around town and birds
of pray in the countryside but they do not seem to take many ferrets or
weasels.  It seems even the feral mink is having little impact on the
larger wildlife as our native Polecat has recovered and now spread back
in to most of England.  Earlier this month I had go and catch a Jill that
had been living in a town garden for weeks, she is obviously a pet and
very cuddly but strangely will not eat kibble.  Chris.

Chris Lloyd
www.wessexferretclub.co.uk