Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 14:41:53 -0700
Warning! The following is a flame directed at Maggie Mae about her "funny"
story on beastiality with ferrets. For those of you that don t like to read
flames please forward to the next message.

[Moderator's note: We don't flame here.  If this post were a flame, it would
not be accepted.  By my definition, this isn't a flame -- it's one person
expressing a reasoned opinion without the use of abusive or insulting
language and it's appropriate for the FML.  While a general discussion of
morals isn't appropriate on the FML, discussion as they pertain to the FML
is probably OK.

I did receive a couple of other complaints about this as well and will take
them into consideration.  Thanks for expressing an opinion.  BIG]

We, as ferret loves and ferret rights activists, believe that we should
stand up for what we believe and be heard.  The results of doing this has
become evident in the past while with the results of many different states
changing their rabies policy.

The message that Maggie Mae posted in the December 20, 1997 was very
offensive to me.  As this is a public forum, which means that children may
read this, I will try to be sensitive to that fact as I consider the content
of this post.  After reading this post some may think that I have over
reacted but I ask you how many people that are not ferret lovers think that
we over reacted to Kodo s death?  Sometimes over-reaction is a good thing.

Beastiality includes more then just sexual intercourse with animals.  It
also includes oral sex with animals.  The first "funny" story you told about
your friend using Ferretone to get her ferret to lick her SO genitals fits
into the second definition.

I'm sorry if I don t feel that a story about a ferret licking someones
genitals is not funny.  But not only do I find it not funny but I find it
disgusting and immoral.

As for the second story, I was offended by the way you apparently flaunted
your sexual promiscuity.  This IS NOT an "over 18 only" list.  By the way
you said it, and I quote, "I had an er, ahem overnight guest.", you lead one
to believe that he or she is just your latest sex fling.  This could have
been funny if related that you and a friend were laying on your bed, or you
and your SO were laying on your bed.  The way that you wrote it you WANTED
the reader to believe that it was your latest sex fling.  I don t think that
I am taking such a big leap in that belief.

I am NOT trying to tell you or anyone else that they should have the same
morals as myself!  All I am asking is that you keep your "funny" sex related
jokes on a "beastiality" or "sex related" mailing list.  The FML is an
incredible list.  It has save many ferrets lives by the advice that is given
here.  That are also many "tasteful" funny stories to read.  All I am asking
is that we keep it that way.

Please note: This message is NOT being sent as a anonymous post.  I believe
that when you feel strong enough about something that you need to stand up
for it and sign your name to it! (I do understand those people and have to
post anonymously to protect the location of their fuzzies. I have no problem
with that at all..) I do expect to receive mail back flaming me for this
post.  Unfortunately in a world of such low morals it is to be expected.

Sincerely,

Jason Poole
Sammy & Doris - The Light s of my Life!