From:
Jaclyn Dianne Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 01:37:54 -0500
Hello, everyone!

My two boys, Kif (2.5 yrs) and Trevor (about 4.5-5 yrs), are both Marshall
Farms ferrets.  They both have tattoos in their ears, but Kiffy has an
extra tattoo.  If he's laying on his back on on my lap with his his head at
my knees, the tattoo is on his left rear foot on the second toe in from the
outside.  The whole toe isn't blue, just the outside bottom edge.  I seem
to remember a thread last year about toe tattoos, but I was in the middle
of one of my busy times and was only skimming the FML.

As far as their coats go, they both got great fluffy coats this winter and
they both beefed up, but Trev's is a miserable color.  A dark sable with
muddy yellow underhairs.  Yuck.  Oh, well, better luck to him in the
spring, I guess.

My problem is this:
Kif has always had a habit of running to the litter box when you look at
him because he got treats sometimes back when I was training him.  Well,
lately, he's been doing that more often and also making the "motions" of
actually going to the bathroom but then he doesn't really do anything.
Other times, he goes to the bathroom and his feces is small and has these
slimy bubbles in it, barely any substance to it all.  My concern is that he
may have a partial blockage and is not passing everything as he should.
Sometimes, though, his poop is perfectly normal.  Woozles are kind of like
cars, always having these sporadic problems which makes determing the cause
even harder.

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Actually, Trevor has some funny poop, too.  Without going into detail,
Trevor has never been a healthy animal and as I do not know his history, I
don't know know what the root of the problem may be.  He doesn't actually
get sick that often.  He just becomes run down easily.  His feces sometimes
has a grainy consistency with a bit of watery fluid mixed in.

Other than the weird poop, both ferrets are very healthy and are active
and playful.  They show no other signs of anything and maybe I'm paranoid,
but I always try to stay on the safe side.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
Jacki