From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:59:43 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=633

>If I do the distemper first, I pay an exam fee and the shot.  Then,
>because rabies must be done by a vet and not a tech, I pay another exam
>fee and the shot.  However, if I do rabies first, I pay an exam fee and
>the shot, then when I do the distemper, they've recently had an exam and
>the shot can be given by the tech, without having to pay for the second
>exam in a 2 week period.  So, by doing rabies first, I save $40 per
>ferret.  Would this be okay?

If this is an adult ferret, that should not be a problem, and I do it
all the time that way.  The really important thing is to not give both
vaccines at the same time, in my opinion.  And of course to stick around
for at least a half hour following the vaccine in case of any reactions.
If a kit, the ferret will need physicals each time a vaccine is given to
make sure that he/she is growing properly without developing problems
anyway.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.