From:
DONALD AND ELEANOR MEAD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 03:18:18 -0400
I can't believe the little sweet ferret my sister just adopted from the
Animal Rescue League in my town !  Rose who already has many unwanted
ferrets that she has permantly taken in and given them her own loving
home (and spoils them also), was asked to go check on a ferret by a local
ferret shelter, but the ARL decided that this ferret had a chance of
being adopted out !  As my sister was leaving, they mentioned that they
had a bald one that they were going to put to sleep in a couple days.  Of
course my sister had to see it.  Rose immediately adopted her and saved
her from death row.

This new little girl is in isolation so she could not go camping this
weekend with the crew, so I had to go babysit.  I went over to let her
out and of course feed her some warmed gerbers chicken baby food to help
fatten her up a little.  What a sweet little, full of life, girl, she is!
How could some one who must have loved her at one time just dump her
because she lost her fur or needed surgery, most likely knowing her fate?
She looks like a little lion !  Sweet as can be !  The sad part is, the
ARL is brand new to my town, just built this year and they did not even
give this ferret a chance to get adopted !  they were just going to put
her to sleep !  good thing my sister came along when she did!  Now they
know to call her or the local ferret shelter, should a "baldie" come
along !  I can't believe an animal so sweet, was ready to be judged non
adoptable because she was missing hair !  My sister will be home sunday
afternoon and has already called 2x about the little girl !

Won't you please check out her WONDERFUL hammocks and sleepers, etc on
EBAY under L.F.F.R.  look for seller 1rosebob.  Cleo, I believe that is
the name they have decided to stick with but not sure yet, has already
received her first lupron shot.  This story is why I why I no longer
support the big shelters such as ARL any longer !  I prefer to donate
to the smaller ones !

Eleanor Mead