Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:11:30 -0900
hi all..a new list member (but old fuzzy lover) here.  I recently retired
from the slaveyards and wanted company at home..was down to one cat!  A
cranky old altered female just like me!

My lovely grand daughter brought me a kitten from her cat's litter a few
weeks ago..she is about 9 weeks now.  (kitten not grand daughter) Sundays
paper held a notice of a fuzzy w/ cage and toys and lots of stuff !cheap!.
I called and went to visit.

Fuzzys teen owner had a new puppy and fuzzy was left caged and pretty much
ignored for quite a while, I believe, before frustrated parents put the add
in the paper.

Bought the fuzzy w/ eq and brought her home..about a 3 yo female, sable.
Very unsocial (but lotsa love will hopefully change that).  Mostly wants to
hide in her blankie and not eating much.  Spend the past 3 days doing
handling in small time increments, petting, grooming, sweet talk etc.  Today
I introduced kitten to fuzzy.  Kitten was doin' the kitten boinga boinga
stuff around the strange creature, pawing fuzzy as fuzzy was doing her job
of inspecting all the corners in the room she is kept in.  Finally fuzzy had
enough of this obnoxious creature, grabbed the kitten by the scruff and gave
her a nip and a shake!  Kitten shook her head and went to hide for a moment,
but not being the smartest of creatures, started the boinga boinga kitten
stuff again.

A few moments later kitten got the same treatment..I guess this fuzzy has
been a mom before <g>

Now I wonder, should I let this socialization just go?  Kitten wants to play
(and I do play w/ her lots) but she wants fuzzy to play also.  Right now,
confusion in fuzzys pea brain I'm sure.  Is this too much for the fuzzy?
should I just spend one on one with her and leave kitten out?  Hoping to
have these two become friends.

oh..names..kitten is Stormy
fuzzy came w/ Angel name but its too (gag me) cute for me.  Waiting to
see what the personality is to rename..just calling her fuzzy now.

thanks for any advise
elle in rainy oregon