From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 11:28:12 -0400
Lise, pet stores are often places more of MISinformation than information,
sadly.  Fervac (The name is not Ferretvac.) is the only CD vaccine
officially for use here, but as everywhere else there are vets who will
go off-label and use Galaxy.  NEITHER is the new recomintek vaccine; that
is still in field trials with no reactions at all last I heard.  Nor have
I heard the 1 in 10 number for vaccine reactions.  I think that person at
Petco fed you a pile of hooey.  Would not be unusual with pet store info,
esp.  from chain stores.  (Yes, there are exceptions, but I am afraid that
they are "the exceptions that prove the rule".)

Use vets for such info, not pet store clerks, and you'll be far better off.

Fred, you lucky guy!  I LOVE shirt-riders!  One of our family years ago
used to love spending hours sleeping in a tied-up shirt, especially
flannel, while I went about my day's duties.  Got to just be sure to get
them out and to the litter pot fast when they wake!  Meltdown practically
LIVED in my shirt whenever we went to the vets and had to be extracted,
only to try to dive back in.  We still calm them at the vet's that way.
Ashling is an in-shirt sleeper if she isn't feeling well or is in an extra
cuddly mood.