From:
TinyPrints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:11:38 -0400
>Hi everyone.  I just brought home my new ferret.  He's 7 months old,
>really big, and a biter.  He bites me pretty much every time I try to
>touch him. <snip>

He has not been home long enough to determine he is a biter.  He is
scared, in a new environment and probably is missing his cage mates.
You MUST give it at least several weeks to adjust.  If you are not
ready to do that, you may want to rethink your ferret ownership ideas.
If you still want to own a ferret, you may want to make sure you get
neutered/spayed male or female who is between 1-2 years of age.  They are
more settled then and you don't have the kit issues you are having now.
But rest assured, he is biting probably due to being uprooted and he is
extremely scared.  It takes alot of time and patience and working with
them.  Give him ferretvite/ferretone when you open the cage door.  While
the tube or bottle is in his mouth, gently pick him up.  Don't make fast
movements or he will freak out.  Show him that picking him up is fun.
Repeat this often.  It will work.  And if you are not ready for this,
consider returning him for a more suitable match to your lifestyle and
the amount of work you want to put into a ferret.  I am sure the
breeder/rescue will take him back......not sure where you got him from.
(Sorry).

Marguerite

TinyPrints Ferret Rescue
"The Hilton Of Ferret Rescues"
http://www.tinyprintsferrets.com
TinyPrints Ferretry
http://www.tinyprintsferretry.com
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Ebay and Half.com Stores
http://www.stores.ebay.com/tinyprintsferretrescuestore
http://half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?seller_id=1093064