From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 14:50:00 EDT
Hi everyone
I want to thank everyone who responded to my post.  I got a lot of good
information.

Last night, the baby wouldn't eat.  I thought I'd have to find some a/d
somewhere (MY vet didn't have nay yesterday)  But, this morning I woke up
and she'd eaten and is eating now.  She's drinking normal, so I don't think
hydration is a problem (but I'm still keeping a VERY close eye on her).
She did have a crusty nose, but it's going away (only half of it is crusty
now).

Someone asked me a question:
Is a ferret who has (had) distemper always carry it, or does it actually
cure away completely?  My vet didn't get into all of that, she looked very
doubtful about the baby surviving.  Of course, I was too after I'd heard
her fever was 106.  But I never lost hope.  Still haven't.  I also want to
keep in mind that SHE MAY NOT have distemper.  The vet said it could also
be a very bad flu/lung infection.

I checked for other symptoms (patches on feet, chin, ears) and she didn't
have any.  Only her nose (which is going away!!).  I also want to ask about
relapses.  Can she relapse back into it?

Thanks again everyone,
-Sarah

PS-I'm still thinking of a name for her (maybe this might sway the decision
a bit) and if any of you have any good suggestions for a feisty cinnamon
girl, I'd like to hear them.