From:
FerretGirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:45:16 -0800
Hi,

I just wanted to thank EVERYONE who gave advice and recommendations for my
ferret Zippy.

On 11/16/00 Zippy was taken to Dr. Lawrenchuk at the Wesland Vet Hospital
near Livonia MI.  She is wonderful and I will continue to seek treatment
at her faciluty for my other ferrets.

She successfully removed the right adrenal and 1/2 of the left adrenal.
She had also completely unblocked his bladder and inserted a catheter.

He awoke from surgery and appeared to be recoverying well, but to my
deepest sadness he passed away an hour and a half later due to a ruptured
pulminary artery (vein?)

He died almost instantly in his sleep.  I am heart broken, but at least he
is no longer in pain.

I have now lost 3 ferrets to adrenal disease.  It NEVER gets easier.

Thank you all again. You helped us a great deal.

FG