From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:05:25 -0500
Hi--

I hate Superpet cages.  We have 3.  I also have 9 Midwest cages and a few
other assorted ones.

Go to Martin's and buy a cage from them.  They have stuff made especially
for ferrets and can guide you on price and the needs of your ferrets.
They will give you more bang for the same buck.

I hate Superpet cages because teh ferrets can break out of them so easily
and they are not easy to keep clean.  My 5 ft high cage has the bars
spaced more widely apart where the 2 sections attach.  As a result, the
smaller ferrets can squeeze out.  We've had to cover the area with
hardware cloth.

The ferrets can open the doors if they are persistant enough.  My big 4#
boys can just push the door open.  My small girls can throw themselves
against the door and pop it open.

My small ferrets can squeeze out the bottom tray between the tray and the
cage.

The cages are heavy and you must lift it out of the tray to clean it.
The grooves in each of the trays catch all kinds of dirt.  To clean some
of them right, you must remove them or lean into the cage in an awkward
position.

There is no easy way to attach a litter box in the bottom of the cage.
My ferrets aren't bad about tipping over their litter boxes.  I've had to
remove other ferrets who were and made a hug mess.

Good luck!  Hopefully someone who loves Superpet cages can give you
another side of the story.

We have 22 ferrets and 9 cages.  3 are Superpets.  I'll only be keeping
the hamster one for a sick cage.  Right now we store toys in it.

KG
The cages are pretty.

Soon as I have the money for another Midwest cage, I'll be getting rid of
my Superpet cage.