From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:46:45 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was exhausted and so she
had just plain overslept. The kits woke up and decided to make their
own breakfast. (OH-NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can imagine the mess.) Then
they heard a knock at the door and Isabel went to answer it. There
stood Mimi, the little girl courier, with a note in her paw. Isabel
told her that Mommy was fast asleep but that she would wake her up,
so of course... "MOMMY, the courier is here." in her loudest voice.
Needless to say, SaraFerret awoke very quickly. Then Mimi handed her
the note and said,

"SaraFerret, sorry to wake you up, but there is a ferret crossing the
Bridge. And his Mommy has requested that you greet him. And by the way,
SaraFerret, your kits have made a big mess in the kitchen while you
were asleep. I think they were trying to cook their breakfast. But
anyway, do you want me to get his friends?"

I read the note and looked at the mess. The kits looked sad, but I knew
they were just hungry and trying to do the best they could, so I just
told them it was okay. They seemed very relieved. So I asked Mimi to
get his friends and I flew off to the entrance. I saw a DEW waiting
there. So I quickly introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. This is your new forever home. You will have no more pain or
suffering. You will run forever on green grass and have lotsa friends.
Did I mention de fun and games?"

He looked at me and said, "Are you sure this is my final home? I have
been in so many? I left my first home and went to the shelter and then
went to a nice lady named Nancy who left me suddenly and then I went to
Missy Marlene who kinda changed my name from Rascal to Bawls. I changed
my color too. Would you believe I used to be a beautiful silver mitt
instead of a regular old DEW? Do you like friendly ferrets? I betcha I
could be a greeter or whatever you call it. I always loved to be the
first one to meet the people who came to our house. Oh yeah what are
those funny things on your shoulders--did you get some kinda growths or
something when you were on earth? I notice that you seem to be able to
wiggle them."

I replied, "Yes, I saw that your name is Bawls and that you belong to
Missy Marlene. I like friendly fuzzies; I really do. But it takes a
long time to be a greeter and considerable training period. Sometimes
fuzzes aren't too friendly when they cross, they are unhappy and weepy
and out of sorts. So it takes a great deal of skill to greet. I did see
that you were a very loving fuzzy though. As to these funny things on
my shoulders, these aren't growths; these are wings. I can take them
off when I go to sleep or when I go swimming or for certain games. But
these are so great for flying about the heavens, it sure beats hopping
from cloud to cloud. You are gonna get your very own pair--special for
you. So if you will follow me.

Off we went down the garden path to the Wing House where the wings
were stored. We opened the door and on the counter was a big box (of
course). Bawls opened the box and took out his wings--neon blue. I
helped him put on his wings and I adjusted his halo. Then he ran to
the big vanity mirror and gazed at the reflection of a handsome silver
mitt who stared back at him. He turned to me and said, "Gee I sure wish
Missy Marlene could see how I look now." Then I gots an idea. We opened
the door and left there.

Then we went down the path to the Misting Pond where we were met by
some of his friends and boy, was he happy. We sat down beside the cool
clear water and with one swish we saw the vision of Missy Marlene
appear. He got so excited he started waving and dooking with all of
his might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for taking care
of me and holding me. I am glad that I had a home with you. I feel so
much better now and guess what: I am back to being a silver mitt again.
And I have wings now and they are beautiful. I found some friends here
and we are gonna have fun and they said I have other friends here too."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you should
read this it should have landed there. And with another swish the
vision was gone.

I could see him chatting away with all of his friends and others were
running up to join him. So I gave him a hug and said my good-byes. The
last I heard was something about a party. But they were all running
down the road. Me, I had to fly on home and clean up a well-meaning
mess from the breakfast that the kits had made.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter