Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 01:59:48 -0500
Well, I am two days late arriving at my daughter's in Utah and two days
late with my exhortations and felicitations! That is not even BC time -
that is winter storm effect!

But, in the approximately 8 years since I joined the FML, I have never
realized how far-reaching the effects of the list could be. For, you
see, I left Massachusetts last Thursday (Dec. 13) headed for New York
City, where I got to see our own Bill Gruber (BIG) in his native
element. It took me 8 hours to make a 3 and a half hour trip due to the
snow. And, when I arrived, they went with the flow and we had dinner at
Bill & Helen's favorite pub. I actually got to witness the birth of an
FML!

Leaving there I traveled to Maryland, Kentucky, Nebraska and Colorado
where I was welcomed into the homes of people I knew ONLY because of
the FML. Sure, from there we were on other lists or met in person, but
had it not been for the FML, I would have never met them. As I read the
names and the posts of congrats tonight, I realized just how special
so many of those people are to me now. And, were it not for ferrets,
I would not have found them through the FML. What a blessing I would
have missed. I have been twice blessed by seeing how - even when I was
running off-schedule - I was exactly where I needed to be at the right
moment.

Leaving Colorado this morning I headed west on I80 through Wyoming.
I got hit by a blizzard that left white-out conditions at times. I
cannot even tell you how many vehicles I saw off the road. There were
18-wheelers, SUVs, small cars sliding and crashed and there was even
a minivan upside down in the ditch. I made it just ahead of the I80
closure - truckers tell me that doesn't happen (closure) very often.
I am sure that the prayers of many of my FML friends played a role in
my safe passage. Thank you.

For the wonderful meals (who knew Travis could cook?), the comfy beds
(complete with my own sleeping cat), the early morning coffee (yeah,
you can drop by my house at 3:00 AM for coffee) and the hospitality
each of you showed, thank you. For the numerous prayers you offered up,
thank you. I made it. And, in another 20 years, we will once more be
offering our exultations - Keep up the good work, Bill! And, thank you!

renee :) & The Wayfaring Weasels: Sammy, Jersey, Odie, Gandy & Skitch

--
Renee Downs
It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets the