Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:05:16 -0400
Bob, I too took home a golden boy. Gandalf, named by Mary Segalla,
was a naughty boy who dug all the food out of his bowl every time we
filled it. When I reached into the McKayge to take him out and gave
him some loving - as we were trying to do for all of the ferrets at
the Second Site - I swear that I thought he had only 15 minutes to
live and would die in my arms. He was bony and just clung to me. I
looked at his teeth and found tartar, a broken canine and extreme
gingivitis. His gums were bright red. Lori's vet got him started on
Flagyl for the giardia.

Tonight Gandy played in piles of leaves and war-danced inside and out.
he was so happy to be tugging on my socks and trying to climb up my
sleeves and pants legs. He is so excited about life and his gums are a
normal pink. His teeth look much better. Tomorrow he will get snipped
and enter the life of retirement he had waited for. He gets lots of
Carnivore Care and a/d. He eats soft food, but is not able to chew
kibble yet. He loves sleeping in a hammock and having fresh water.
And, as you promised Sampson, Gandalf will never again have to worry
about home. Oh, and it appears that Gandalf will be a dark-eyed white
as the pumpkin color fades!

renee :)

--
Renee Downs
It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets the