From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 05:57:07 -0700
i just thought this was worth bringing up..and would be interesting for
us to see the responses in the FML from those that fit the criteria...
that is...having both "pet store ferrets that they have raised from the
beginning...as kits"...AND have ferrets they have either 'rescued' from
someone getting rid of them or 'adopted from a shelter'...you need to have
both for the comparison...

i have noticed with my horde...that the only ones of mine to become sick SO
FAR have been rescues from people getting rid of them...or gotten from the
shelter...none of my "bought from pet stores as babies" have any signs of
adrenal/sickness [they range in age from 5 months old to 4 years old]...
but of the 9 that fit the 'rescue/adopt category'...i have lost 3...[2
adrenal, 1 mysterious...you may remember Charlie's stories] and now have 2
that i suspect have adrenal problems...[ages range from 3 yrs old to 5 yrs
old]

so that makes:
0/8 'bought from pet stores as babies' that are/have been sick and

5/9 rescue/adoptees that are/have been sick...

i think this should be looked into also...my results can not be THAT
unique...:)

HUGS!!..just some food for thought...:)

thanks michael j. for making me thionk about this some more and to
actually post it...:)

kat

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT... ( a.k.a. ...FuzzieMom ) and the krew...
Rascal, Sassy, Wolfie, Monkey(Shine), Meeja, Narmy, PopPye, Noodles (Slyk),
Sandi-Mandi, Hope-HollyHeart, Edison!, Lucky, and Princess!!!!!
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, OldGuy & Charlie...
at the  Bridge!
THE FERRETS' PAGE..."http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97"
Help Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter...Use I-Give...